Microsoft has revealed that Windows 10 is set to come in six core editions this summer. With these new releases, it is again emphasized that full versions of both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro will be free for “qualifying” devices of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that will upgrade within the first year after it was launched.
Windows 10 for PCs, follows the rather unpopular Windows 8.1, which ran a “modern” touch interface together with a mouse and keyboard desktop; thereby, introducing a hybrid operating system model in the process. As for tablets and smartphones, Windows 10 Mobile is set to be offered as a free upgrade for those with Windows Phone 8.1 OS.
Inclusions of Windows 10 are the following:
1. Windows 10 Home
- Dubbed as the desktop edition for consumers.
- Comes with an all-new Edge browser, said to be the “contiuum” tablet mode for touch devices.
- Have Windows Hello, the biometric authentication that employs one’s fingerprint, iris or face for unlocking devices.
- Comes with the virtual assistant, “Cortana.”
- Includes universal Windows apps like music and video, photos, mail, maps and calendar.
- Have Xbox gaming to give gamers access to the community of Xbox live gaming.
2. Windows 10 Pro
- Attributes are the same as that of Windows 10 Home but has additional features for small businesses.
- Among these include the Windows Update for Business which helps check management costs, controls update deployment and provides speedy access of security updates.
3. Windows 10 Mobile
- Made to cater smaller, mobile, touch devices like small tablets and smartphones.
- Allows some new devices to employ Contiuum for phones to enable usage of phone similar to a PC when connected to a larger screen.
- Also comes with universal Windows apps.
4. Other Editions
- Windows 10 Enterprise – for medium and large-sized businesses
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise – for business clients using smart tablets and smartphones
- Windows 10 Education – for school personnel from administrators, staff, teachers to students.
Source: Fox News/Technology